Jewellery + Metals at ACAD is a rich, intellectually challenging program balancing creative problem solving, technical proficiency, and entrepreneurship skills, with context, currency, history and meaning.
High-quality studio facilities provide Jewellery + Metals students with the full spectrum of practice, from industrial jewellery to conceptual art.
- A full-time studio technician
- Laser welder, PUK II fusion welder
- Aluminum anodizing system and reactive metals anodizing
- Casting facilities, centrifugal, vacuum, sand casting
- Stonesetting microscope
- Makerbots and access to wax carver for digital production
- Full gemmology equipment and instruments
- Enamelling and PMC programmable kilns
- Small object photography systems
- Individual studio benches for third and fourth year students
ACAD’s Jewellery + Metals faculty are internationally renowned, practicing artists who provide students with conceptual, creative, critical, and technical support, and a stimulating variety of perspectives and approaches.
Educational Art Technician
ACAD jewellery alumni have gone on to become entrepreneurs, goldsmiths, jewellery store managers, jewellery CAD designers, teachers, and architects. Check out what some of our successful alumni are up to.
Ganoksin (free membership for students)
Metal Arts Guild (all students enrolled in the JWLM program are members of this association)
Alberta Craft Council (free membership to graduating students)
Jewellery + Metals program details