Campus tours and events
Whether you’re in Calgary, Oslo, Tokyo, or Dubai, it’s hard to get a feel for the ACAD experience without actually experiencing us.
So say hello, drop by for a visit, or jump in and get involved – we’re looking forward to meeting you!
Come for a tour
General campus tours are available most Tuesdays @ 10 a.m., Thursdays @ 4 p.m. and Fridays @ 4 p.m. Tours are led by our very own Student Ambassadors and are most suitable for students in Grade 11 and up. Parents, family, and friends are welcome to attend. Tours are approximately 90 minutes in length and focus on the spots and services of most relevance to new or incoming ACAD students.
Sat-TOUR-days are special, student-led tours of the ACAD campus, that happen on – you guessed it! – Saturdays. They’re a great way to get to know ACAD. You’ll spend about an hour and a half with us, getting an insider’s tour of our studios and facilities by current students who’ll tell you what it’s really like to go to school here. Our student ambassador will be able to answer any questions you might have about our programs and applications process. Do it!
Register for a tour
- Thursday, March 16, 2017 | 4 - 5:30 p.m.
- Friday, March 17, 2017 | 4 - 5:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 21, 2017 | 10 - 11:30 a.m.
- Thursday, March 23, 2017 | 4 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- ('Show + Sale' also happening on campus today!)
Friday, March 24, 2017 | 4 - 5:30 p.m.
('Show + Sale' also happening on campus today!)
Sa-TOUR-day, March 25, 2017 | 1 - 2:30 p.m.
('Show + Sale' also happening on campus today!)
- Thursday, March 30, 2017 | 4 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Friday, March 31, 2017 | 4 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 04, 2017 | 10 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
- Thursday, April 06, 2017 | 4 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Friday, April 07, 2017 | 4 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Thursday, April 13, 2017 | 4 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 18, 2017 | 10 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
- Thursday, April 20, 2017 | 4 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Friday, April 21, 2017 | 4 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 25, 2017 | 10 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
- Thursday, April 27, 2017 | 4 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Friday, April 28, 2017 | 4 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Sa-TOUR-day, April 29, 2017 | 1 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Group + School Tours
Group or school tours are available upon request throughout the year and are most suitable for high-school students in Grade 10 and up. For more information or to book a tour time, please contact Crystal Scott, Student Recruitment Operations Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PORTFOLIO REVIEW Day
Do the words “portfolio review” stress you out? Don’t worry, it’s going to be OK. In fact, it’s going to be an amazing experience (trust us).
When attending our Portfolio Review Day you will have an opportunity to review your portfolio with our faculty, who will sit down with you and provide some constructive feedback. It’s a great way to get some one-one-one time with them, learn how portfolios are evaluated, and get some helpful tips on how to make your portfolio even stronger.
* Please note that the Winter Portfolio Review is best suited for students in Grade 12 (or older) to help you prepare for submitting your portfolio with your application to Fall 2017.
If you are not in Grade 12 or older please stay tuned for more events coming in the New Year. We also encourage you to check out our Teen Programs that run during the summer.
Register for Winter Portfolio Review Day | Saturday, January 14, 2017
If you have any other questions, please send us an email or call us at 403.284.7617.
ENTER THE SHOW OFF! ART COMPETITION
There are over $30,000 in prizes to be won – including tuition for ACAD – at this unique competition for students in grade 10, 11 and 12. Find out more about Show Off!
We want to get to know you and we want you to get to know us. So how about some face time on-campus at Alberta College of Art + Design? Faculty, staff and students would love to see you at our anual Open House (2017 dates TBD usually mid November each year).
You’ll get first-hand experience of what it’s like to attend ACAD — meet student artists, participate in fun workshops, take part in activities and take a tour around campus. Tours will include live demonstrations of our 11 different majors by students and technicians that call ACAD home. You’ll get to see our state-of-the-art studio spaces, check out the great proximity of residence halls to classrooms and studios, meet internationally renowned faculty who will become your mentors.
Stay tuned to register for Open House | November 2017
Try our pre-college and teen programs
Attend an ACAD event
Meet ACAD on the road
Can’t make it to Calgary for a visit?
Don’t worry – you can always catch us on the road, too. Contact us to find out our on the road schedule where you'll be able to stop by to learn about the ACAD experience with our amazing recruitment team.